Philippines at a glance
- Lies in the southeast coast of Asia, surrounded by the
- An irregular coastline with 334,530 kms. of beautiful
beaches, inland coves and natural harbours
- Comprised of 7,107 islands, with the biggest being Luzon,
then Mindanao and Visayas in between
- Divided into 16 regions comprised of 77 provinces and 63
cities, with the National Capital Region – Metro Manila – as the country’s
business and government center.
- Hot and dry from March to May.
- Rainy season from June to October
- Coolest from November to February
- Average temperatures are 78ºF/25ºC to 90ºF/32ºC
- Average humidity is 77%
- Unit of currency is the Philippine peso divided into
- The US dollar is widely accepted.
- Foreign currencies can be easily exchanged at banks,
hotels and authorized dealers.
- International credit cards are accepted at major
(Related site: Currency Converter)
Culture, Language and Racial Groups
- There are about 11 cultural, linguistic and racial groups
- The country has a colorful culture of diverse customs and
traditions, shaped by Chinese, American and Spanish influences.
- The Philippines is the third largest English-speaking
country in the world. (Related site: English-Filipino Phrasebook)
- Various religious groups including Roman Catholic,
Protestants, Muslims, Iglesia Ni Cristo and the Aglipayan Community of the Philippine
[This page has been prepared based on information
available and current at the date of uploading]
to Home Page